Sunday 9 December 2012

Festive fun this weekend

 




You guys, I have had such a good weekend!  And it's only Sunday afternoon, so there's more fun to come.  I have...

... felt like a teenager again by leaving the house to go clubbing at 11pm (and yes, I did want to go to bed instead, but I'm pleased I resisted) and staying out until the early hours throwing some, ahem, 'interesting' shapes at the local indie disco;
... been amazed that, after only 4 hours sleep, I still felt ok enough to meet Hannah for a coffee and wander around the Leicester Makers Mart;
... had a girlie lunch with one heavily pregnant and two heavily hungover buddies;
...got an amazing spa facial with said buddies.  I wish I could afford to treat myself (and my face) more often);
... relished getting into my pyjamas at 6pm to sit and drink Prosecco, eat stew, and watch Strictly Come Dancing (I'm team Dani, FYI);
... laughed and wept my way through A Muppet Christmas Carol and The Family Stone.  Still to come later today - Elf.
... made a dried orange and pine cone wreath;
... written all my Christmas cards (except the ones that are urgent because they have to be sent overseas.  Those are still waiting to be finished.  Logic fail);
... made soup and baked gingerbread biscuits;
... wrapped and packaged my gifts for both The Curiosity Project box swap and my own Thrifty gift swap, to be posted tomorrow.

It really does feel like Christmas now!

3 comments:

  1. Love those dried oranges & pine cones, keep meaning to make some myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super-easy to make, but the wire I used is too thin to hold its shape when hung up. Oh well, I'm going to pretend the original intention was to make a table centrepiece!

      Delete
  2. Now you are making me feel so guilty. What about a quick visit here to spread the spirit???

    ReplyDelete