Sunday 30 June 2013

Lately...

 
READING... the new issues of Bust and Bitch, after I treated myself to new subscriptions to them both.  I particularly enjoyed the new Bust, with none other than Courtney Love on the cover.  I adore her!

OPENING... my birthday cards and presents, finally!  This amazing Penguin Classics/Smiths album print from my brother was one of my favourite things; you can find them on Etsy from Standard Designs.

BUYING... a bargain £1.00 vintage glass bottle, perfect to display a peony from the bunch I bought from the market for an equally bargain £2.

GETTING... my hair done.  This is apparently what happens when you tell the hairdresser to on no condition cut it as short as chin length; yep, she cuts it a tad shorter.  Sob!  I'm pretty upset but keep telling myself it will grow.  On the up-side, I finally got the perfect shade of red (it has thus far always been too dark/burgundy toned and I kept asking for more orange).  I call it 'Angela-from-My-So-Called-Life Red', and it's the exact colour that I first dyed my (naturally blonde) hair at the age of 16.  I love it!

DRINKING.... far too much at a work's leaving do on Friday, leaving me rather tender of head all day yesterday, and putting a stop to most of my other weekend plans.  Oh well, a day in bed with the paper to keep me company and regular What's App messages from The Boy was rather pleasant in the end.

EATING... homemade tomato, red onion & lime salsa, homemade guacamole, fajitas... I'm still obsessed with Mexican food.

PLANNING... our trip to Macedonia, which is now less than two weeks away, eek.  And my bestie's hen weekend in Brussels, which is only three weeks away (and no L plates, willy hats or strippers to be seen, I promise Cara!).

6 comments:

  1. I love Mexican too. And I have to admit i've always hankered over that colour red hair as well, i think you've done a pretty good job of recreating the 'crimson glow' that angela had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual colour is even more crimson-y than it looks on that picture; I'm very pleased with it.

      Delete
  2. Do you know where you can find Bitch magazine in the UK? I miss it and while I see BUST around, Bitch is nowhere to be found. I especially want to get the next issue as a good friend of mine has a column in it.

    My So-Called Life Angela Red! That's an awesome colour.

    I had homemade salsa tonight too, with veggie chilli. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since Borders closed I haven't been able to find Bitch OR Bust anywhere in the UK, it's why I had to resort to subscriptions.

      Delete
  3. Perfect red! That's the exact shade I was always after, too!

    And Macedonia? I can't keep track of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's been a crazy year! We're going there for the wedding of one of Thomas's good friends.

      Delete