Monday 24 September 2012

The end of Music Monday?

I'm writing this at school, where I'm stuck until 8 o'clock tonight because of Open Evening later.  Oh joy.  Of course, around this time is when I would usually post my weekly Music Monday video, often with some ramblings attached.  But lately I've been feeling pretty unmotivated and uninspired, and whereas I used to enjoy having the structure of Music Monday to give me something specific to write about, now I find it a bit of a chore, which can't make for good posts.  So I'm thinking about retiring the Music Monday posts, or keeping them as an occasional feature only.  I'd love to hear what you think could replace it, or perhaps you'd like me to continue writing them?

In the meantime, here are a few of my favourite Music Monday posts of the last year and a bit:

The very first one, in which I write about seeing my brother shuffle his feet to Grandaddy;
If at first you don't succeed to like Jeffrey Lewis, try, try again;
How Tarrie B of Tura Satana taught me to be a fearless rock chick;
Why Courtney Love is still my style icon;
A digression into the rhetoric around abortion, when I was meant to be writing about Ben Folds Five;
Why I love my friends (and My Friends), from last month.

7 comments:

  1. I felt a bit same with my 'film friday' posts, it's hard to keep it up every week! I think I'm only going to post them when i see a brand new film anyway! Hope the open evening goes well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. if it's becoming a chore then i reckon give it a rest for a while - you might really miss doing them and you can start again, but in the meantime have a breather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I feel partially responsible due to a lack of interaction on my part, but I always enjoy your insights via WTCOBYO posts. Maybe a bit of a hiatus would be good and help you get a fresh perspective or just doing them once a month. We're the same in that music is never far from our thoughts so I know you'll figure out a way to make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about a feature in which, each week, you write about a different band that your amazing brother Richard has introduced you to, despite your previous insistence that they are rubbish, thus proving that his music taste is far superior to yours? That should take a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - thanks all for this feedback! With this and what I've got via Faceboook, clearly music is something people want me to keep writing about. I will go away and have a think...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe just take a break for a month or so and see how you're feeling about it? Anyway, you have a new project to keep up with now. :)

    ReplyDelete