Saturday 31 March 2012

Packing my bags


I'm off to London for a few days and looking forward to it.  I'll be...

- seeing my lovely friends, Cara and Dan, and their new flat in Crouch End;
- visiting Hampton Court Palace for a full-on Tudor geekfest;
- going to the David Shrigley and Jeremy Deller exhibitions at the Hayward Gallery;
- having a lovely meal at Marco Pierre White's restaurant, the Kings Road Steakhouse;
- doing some touristy things (which I usually miss out on because of being in the pub!), such as visiting the British Museum, the V&A, and Liberty;
- visiting all the wonderful bookshops - such as Gay's The Word, Foyles, Housmans and Daunt Books - but trying to resist temptation to buy many; after all, I have a backlog of about 50 waiting to be read.

Any suggestions for what else I should see and do in London?  Tips for good craft shops, interesting vintage stores or unusual sights I might not know about would be gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment