Sunday 20 September 2015

What I Wore: Nautical Stripes


After an autumnal few weeks, today was just about warm enough to bare my legs for what is almost certainly the last time this year (that being said, I only lasted until the early afternoon, when the clouds moved in and I scampered to put on jeans and a jumper).

This dress was a bargain find back in June, setting me back the princely sum of £3. It's been a central part of my wardrobe this summer, being made of stretch jersey cotton and therefore a great dress to throw in a bag whenever we went away (it got a lot of wear in Canada, for instance).

And when I'm wearing nautical navy and white stripes, what better accessory than a swallow necklace, which harks back to sailors' tattoos? 

* Dress: New Look via charity shop * Cardigan: H&M * Belt: Peacocks *
* Necklace: Online purchase years ago * Sandals: Marks & Spencer *