Sunday 29 April 2012

An Instagram weekend

Now that I'm counting down the weeks until I leave, I'm trying to make every weekend count.  And so despite the horrible weather, this weekend was a busy one...
















1. Amazing gigs by Bombay Bicycle Club (ok, Wednesday's gig wasn't at the weekend) and Ryan Adams.  Highlights of the latter included a slightly mental, five minute long, whispered paean to his cat, Mr Cat, as an introduction to New York, New York; his witty and sarcastic between-songs banter; a beautiful acoustic version of Come Pick Me Up; and an encore featuring Alice In Chains' Nutshell, thus proving that I am not the only one hung up on the early 90s Seattle scene at the moment.

2. Taking lots of photographs of my lovely house.  Part of the planning for my exchange to America is working out whether the guy I'm exchanging with wants to live in my home, hence frantic measuring of rooms and the taking of many photos.








 







3 & 4. An extremely rainy and windswept walk with my mum and brother on the moors above Halifax on Saturday afternoon.  These pictures were both taken in the brief ten minutes of sunshine as we walked around the grounds of Shibden Hall, site of many a childhood trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment