Monday 11 January 2016

Adventures In Swapping (No, Not That Kind Of Swapping)

I love taking part in gift swaps: the challenge of picking gifts for someone I only know online, the thrill when I find something perfect, and - of course - the excitement when my own parcel arrives.

This Christmas I did three swaps: Char's Blogger Secret Santa, and my own Thrifty Gift Swap, which I ended up doing twice due to a late sign-up. And I have to say, this year's swappers really knew their stuff because I was thrilled with everything I received.

Donna's was the first swap parcel I opened, on the Saturday before Christmas, and I was blown away with how thoughtful and how very 'me' her choices were. I mean, look at that little collection: a vintage bicycle notebook with pencil, a collar necklace, a cute cross-stitch, and very best of all, a typewriter brooch that perfectly matches my blog logo (also included in the parcel was a packet of sweets from Donna's recent trip to Poland and a tin of loose-leaf tea, but I've long since scoffed the sweets and drunk the tea).

I was super chuffed that someone who'd only 'met' me online was so spot-on with their choices, as I don't think even Thomas could have picked a better selection of presents.


I saved my Blogger Secret Santa gifts to open on Christmas Day, although it wasn't so secret in the end. By funny coincidence, I had sent to Emma in last year's BSS swap and as soon as I saw the return address on my parcel, I knew it must have come from her.

Emma had obviously done her research as my gifts were perfect. An amazing glitzy statement necklace, a lovely Paperchase writing set, polka dot gel pens, a yummy smelling Christmas candle, and my favourite treat - sweets - were teamed with a very cute goat Beanie Baby (who my niece quickly took possession of and hence doesn't feature here!)


My final swap parcel was sent to me by Jennifer, and contained a cotton tote bag (I love totes!), a beautiful (I think vintage?) glass jewellery tray, a tiny Christmas tree ornament and a handmade needle case. Unfortunately, I managed to leave the box of gifts up at my mum's, so wasn't able to photograph them, but they were all spot on too.

Despite being so busy in the run-up to Christmas, I'm so glad I decided to take part in (and indeed run) swaps. If you took part in a gift swap this Christmas, did you enjoy it?