Friday 1 January 2016

2015: A Year In Review

Well, 2015 turned out to be a funny old year. I remember, back in January, deciding to have a year off from my Q&A a day journal on the grounds that 2015 was going to be exactly the same as 2014.

It didn't quite turn out that way.

From battling with some pretty serious anxiety (which sometimes made all our amazing travel opportunities hard to cope with), to changing my entire career, 2015 was anything but the same as 2014. I can't quite decide if it was a good year: in total, the good definitely outweighed the bad and I've had some amazing moments this year, but it was also tough and gruelling at times. Put it this way, I'm not sorry to see the back of it: roll on 2016!


January
I wrote about why we're planning a feminist wedding (sum total of planning actually achieved in 2015= zero), listed the music that's soundtracked my life, and discussed why talking about abortion is important (a subject I expanded on for The Olive Fox later in the year).



February
I posted a how-to for a 'Feminist As Fuck' slogan embroidery, finished our office makeover, and wrote about 10 things I'm good at, as well as going on some half term adventures.



March
Thomas and I visited Saltaire, I considered the problem of solidarity on International Womens Day, and I wrote about the shitty bits that often get glossed over when blogging.



April
We visited Glasgow for some time with Thomas's family, inspired by Sarah, I wrote about the five things I swore I'd never do, and I commenced my now-annual week of making.


May
We spent a weekend in Bristol and a week in the Netherlands, I reflected on a devastating election result by suggesting five ways to resist, gave some reasons why travelling alone rocks, struggled with some MH issues, and failed to blog every day.



June
I made the most of my weekends, celebrated my birthday with Photo an Hour, and hosted a guest post on gender identity by Siobhan.


July
I spent a super fun Saturday at Indietracks festival with Laura, completed the travel-themed, budget makeover of our spare room, and we jetted off to Canada via Iceland.


August
Thomas and I visited Montreal followed by Toronto, I wrote about what to expect when your partner has a vasectomy, and most importantly, we attended my family reunion in Canada, an experience I haven't yet found the words to write about.


September
My mum and I had a day out in Haworth, I wrote about feeling disillusioned with teaching, and our lives took a radical new direction when both Thomas and I got new jobs.


October
October was a very relationship-focused month: Thomas and I celebrated our third anniversary, went on a date in Nottingham, and spent a week in Norfolk. Plus, this was the month by little brother got married: so exciting!



November
By November I was working two jobs and averaging around 70 hours a week so not much blogging happened, although I did find time to share some outfit photo out-takes.


December
In December I shared some budget gift-wrapping ideas and wrote about some great festive reads, as well as rounding up my favourite music and books of 2015.