Tuesday 22 May 2012

Writing London

Oh, how I love the maps from East London company Herb Lester Associates.  Their map of Spitalfields life found its way into the box I put together for the Curiosity Project just before Christmas, and I visit the website regularly to ooh and ahh over the beautifully illustrated guides to major cities.


The release of a new map of literary London may be just what I need to put in another order.  Look at how lovely it is!  Maps, books, travel and illustration all in one?  I'm in heaven.  And while I'm at it, I might pop the Austin, Chicago and Brooklyn maps into my shopping basket, ready for a few trips from Colorado next year.  The maps cost between £3 and £5 apiece: beautiful and a bargain!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff. Reminds me of the map of the village in my Milly Molly Mandy books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Milly Molly Mandy! I used to love those books, and especially the map of the village because it let me wander around the place in my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across these maps the other day in the shop at the Wallace Collection and was very tempted to buy the whole lot. They would make such good souvenir gifts too.

    ReplyDelete