Sunday 5 February 2012

Baby it's cold outside

After weeks of dashing around visiting friends and family in my spare time, the cold and snow have made the perfect excuse to spend the entire weekend at home.  I started the weekend with a pile of wood for the fire, a stack of library books to read, a fridge full of food and drink and a list of sewing projects to tackle.  I have thoroughly enjoyed...




 














... sewing a lovely little brooch out of felt and vintage fabric;
... watching the snow falling outside while I sat by the fire listening to Cat Power and drinking wine;
... finally getting round to doing lots of little jobs around the house, like filling holes in the spare bedroom wall, and framing a set of Penguin Classic postcards;
... making a draft excluder for my friends who moved house recently;
... reading three books (well ok, two and a half - two crime thrillers by Elly Griffiths which I really liked, and the first half of a biography of Mary Boleyn, sister of Anne);
... watching trashy TV like Take Me Out and TV Burp;
... making homemade soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment