Thursday 26 March 2015

What I wore: Polka dots & pretty frocks

 

This is one of my favourite dresses, a trusty old standby ready to be thrown on when everything else in my wardrobe frustrates me (I have a horrible fear of it developing a hole or other fault that would render it unwearable).

Bought from ASOS about three years ago, it features my favourite pattern - polka dots - and is so comfortable that it feels a bit like wearing a nightie. Teamed with my favourite mustard cardigan, a H&M buy a couple of summers ago (I fell in love with the openwork design on the pockets, which is repeated on the back of the cardigan), it makes an easy outfit. I wore it with this ace wooden banner necklace, a Christmas gift from my brother and his fiance. The only element I'm not sure about is the ballet pumps, which seem like a bit of a boring footwear choice, but I never know what other shoes to pair this with.

* Polka dot skater dress: ASOS (old) * Cardigan: H&M (old) * Ballet pumps: New Look * 
* Wooden banner necklace: Ladybird Likes via Etsy *