Monday 23 March 2015

Photo an hour: 21st March 2015

Saturday was Jane and Louisa's monthly Photo An Hour, and for once I was actually doing something interesting with my day! Thomas was away, so a slow and relaxing start to the day was followed by a trip to Nottingham with the women behind Make, Do & Spend, E &B, to meet Laura of Make Do & Mend.


8.30am: A lazy morning in bed reading.
9.30am: Still in bed reading - almost at the end so I can't stop now! - and this is the view from where I'm sitting.


10.30am: Finally up and eating a late breakfast with the paper.
11.30am: What to wear? It's a choice of stripes, polka dots or blue in my wardrobe: today I went for my navy blue dress with a crochet collar.


12.30pm: Squeezing in a tiny bit of sewing before I leave the house.
1.30pm: A quick visit to the haberdashery before popping into a couple of charity shops (I struck gold, with an amazing stripey dress AND a lovely cardigan, for £3 each) and then heading to the station.


2.30pm: On the train to Nottingham to visit Laura, with E and B, for our semi-regular blogger meet-ups.
3.30pm: Vintage delights in the ace Hopkinson, a four-storey emporium of vintage loveliness next to the train station.



4.30pm: Browsing the records in Rough Trade. So much good stuff! I came away with Metronomy's new album and the Joanna Gruesome record.
5.30pm: Stationery heaven at Objects Of Use, upstairs from Rough Trade.


6.30pm: Amazing pizza at Das Kino in Nottingham. Last time the four of us got together we didn't have time to try their pizza, so it was out priority today, and well worth the wait. So delicious!
9.30pm: After a bit of a break with the photos (7.30pm - still in the pub, 8.30pm - in a taxi on the way home from the station) I'm home and catching up on replying to blog comments. And yes, I do have daffodils in every room of the house. At 50p a bunch, it'd be rude not to.

21 comments:

  1. Haha I think our first few pictures look just the same! I like Saturday mornings on my own. Also yay for blogger meet ups! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love photo an hour! I managed to join in again this time :) I looks like you had a great day and blogger meet ups are always great fun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I think a blogger's Saturday morning is always going to be some variation of book-bed-tea (or at least, all the bloggers I follow!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you put your day on your blog yet? I love having a nosy at what people are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pics of a brilliant day, it was great to see you. I did think of you today when buying several bunches of daffs on my way home as they were right next to the till and at a bargain price!
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am glad you joined in- I did too! You DID have an interesting day!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't go wrong with a bit of shopping in a record store, bad thing is we don't know our limits and buy far, far too many. I love all your vintage furniture btw, it's so petty, especially that vintage mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon Robinson24 March 2015 at 06:54

    Crumpets for breakfast are always a good idea and daffodils are beautiful arn't they.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your daffodils! What are you sewing, it looks lovely and colourful?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't had crumpets for ages ... must add them to the shopping list. I like all the daffodils around the house.

    Eileen
    @ In My Playroom (also joining in with Photo an Hour)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was a great afternoon, thanks to the great company :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mirror is one of my very favourite things in the house - mainly because it was free. The previous owner had left it behind, I did a happy dance the day I got the keys and spied all the cool vintage stuff they'd abandoned!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love daffodils - I think it's the happy yellow colour - and always buy them by the armful when they're in season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's going to be a quilt, I'm making slower than I'd like progress on it because my machine can manage about 10 minutes at a time before it has a tantrum.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds as though Hopkinson is a blogger's delight! A bit jealous of your vinyl bounty too - I don't have a decent record shop near to me, so I have to settle for charity shop finds!


    Thanks for joining in again! I always love your photos - they are so bright and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this post - and loved seeing the photos as the day went on.

    ReplyDelete
  17. duck in a dress29 March 2015 at 15:37

    Yay, thanks for taking part! Definitely can't go wrong with daffodils everywhere - they make everything look so much brighter and cheerier! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty day you had!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hopkinson's is just stuffed full of Instagram-able things, as four bloggers we had a field day in there!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I make more of an effort to vary my activities and make sure I do something interesting on Photo An Hour days - most weekends I'm hibernating under the duvet with a book, but that would make a significantly less interesting post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. They do - I'm feeling quite sad that we're already almost at the end of the season when you can find them in the shops.

    ReplyDelete