Tuesday 10 June 2014

Mid-century modern wishlist


While in Hay-On-Wye last week I stumbled upon the most gorgeous vintage 60's-era world globe.  A quick chat with my brother, and I was the proud owner of the globe as a fabulous early birthday present.

But, as is so often the way, one new acquisition must lead to a great many more.  I now have a vision of a mid-century sideboard on which to rest the globe (I've got my eye on one on eBay which just might fit our titchy Victorian terrace living room), and have been scouring the internet for other delights to complete the look. 

The image below, found via A Rosie Outlook but original source here, is pretty much my dream living room.  Beautiful, right? Hopefully by the end of the summer, with a few choice purchases (and an acceptance that, yes, my grey sofa is perfectly acceptable and does not need to be replaced by a yellow one), my dream will be realised.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. God no!

      Note to self - just spell nice properly next time! I was starting to worry about what I wrote. Proof reading is not my strong point!

      Delete
  2. Oh that's my dream living room too! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that clock! Beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone straight to the top of my birthday list, that clock. Fingers crossed!

      Delete