Thursday 6 February 2014

List #6: The things that make me happy to be alive

Image via weheartit

1. When a brilliant and little-heard song shuffles onto my iPod.  Or a certain moment in a song - you know, the kind that grabs you in the guts and lifts your heart at the same time.  At the moment, I'm obsessed with a tiny, 15-second burst of Caught A Long Wind by Feist (it's the bit at 02:09, fact fans).

2. My niece, Gracie's, laughter.

3. Walking in the warm sunshine in a pretty dress and sandals.

4. Making plans to travel (I think I enjoy it more than the actual travel sometimes - less stressful!).

5. Fairy lights.

6. The smell and feel of books.  Yes, I have been known to stroke the books on my shelves.  Yes, I realise that's a completely mental thing to do.

7. Driving the last few minutes to my mum's house (but definitely not the two hour slog up the M1 prior to those minutes!).

8. St Pancras Station: I'm feeling pretty down on the UK at the moment (our current government will do that to a person), but figure that any country that can produce a building so beautiful and functional can't be all bad.

9. Having my arms around The Boy...

10. ... and feeling his arms around me.

7 comments:

  1. This is a lovely list. I also love those shuffle moments, and books. I love the smell of books. Also with you on the fairy lights and travel plans and in M's arms is my favourite place to be x

    Happy Friday! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about fairy lights? For me, they are just pure joy. I have a set on the kitchen shelves year-round and they never fail to cheer me up.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh the smell of books! There's nothing better than flipping through an old book and sniffing up its gorgeous smell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairy lights never fail to make me happy! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I hope you're feeling better soon - focusing on all these good things is sure to help. Next time you're in Kings Cross you should stop in to The Booking Office Bar and Restaurant in the St Pancras Renaissance Hotel for a cocktail. The interior space is just amazing!
    Claire xx | somewhere... beyond the sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, good tip, thanks! We are going to be in London in a couple of weeks so will try and check it out.

      Delete
  5. Great list - I definitely agree with number 4! I always thought I was the only one who felt like that, glad I'm not alone! And yeah, fairy lights and the smell/feel of books are both awesome :)

    ReplyDelete