Wednesday 15 January 2014

Lately...

 
PUTTING up shelves in the living room.  Not too exciting, you may think, but I love the book rearranging that new shelves occasion.  This was also exciting because the reason for the new shelves was that The Boy has begun to move his stuff in!  Of course, I'm not allowing his books to hang out with mine - they have their separate space in the front room.

READING more of Alan Bradley's Flavia de Luce books.  I'm really enjoying these gentle pastiches of Golden Age of Crime detective novels, which make perfect cosy winter reading.

WEARING my awesome new 'FEMINIST' necklace, from Sugar & Vice Designs.  And stripes - lots and lots of stripes.  They're the new polka dots, in that they're taking over my wardrobe.

ENJOYING the very first hint of spring, even in deepest January, with these sunny yellow dwarf daffodils blooming on my kitchen windowsill.

LISTENING to lots and lots of 6 Music on the lovely new retro Bush radio I got for Christmas.  I already had a DAB radio in the kitchen, but it's so nice to have one in our bedroom too.  Lots of lazy weekend mornings listening to Cerys or Huey ahead, methinks.

GOING on an awesome road trip to see my friends' band at Proud Camden, where we were all very taken with the giant glitterball. 

WRITING in another favourite Christmas present, this brilliant Q&A A Day journal.  The idea is that, each day, you are asked a question (ranging from the frivolous, "What song is stuck in your head today," to the serious, "What is your mission in life," or "Why are you lucky").  There is space for five year's worth of answers, and tracking changes across that time will be fascinating.  I hope I can keep up the habit!

EATING so much good vegan food.  I really need to start posting recipes here more regularly!  Our latest invention are kick-ass vegan enchiladas with spiced wild rice: SO yummy.

PLANNING some fun trips this spring.  Manchester & Liverpool in a couple of weeks, followed by Glasgow in April, and hopefully another visit to London soon.

8 comments:

  1. I have the Q&A a day journal too, and have nearly completed a year! I don't do too badly but occasionally forget to fill it in for a week then have to backtrack! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't start too well, as we went to the pub on January 1st and got home so late that I forgot! But I've improved since then, although some days I have loads to write and others I can't think of an answer.

      Delete
  2. Loving the radio.I think i need one of those in my bedroom.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the Q&A a day journal! Might have to invest in one of those :)
    I'm now also craving some new shelves, a road trip, a glitterball and daffodils, I love spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - daffodils and tulips are my absolute favourites. Something about the fact they herald the end of winter makes them more beautiful than any other flower, I think.

      Delete
  4. I have that radio too - isn't it a beaut? It has been serving me well for about four years - hopefully it will run and run! I actually saw one of the original Bush radios in the V&A - the new ones are styled *exactly* the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous radio, it all sounds so good :)

    ReplyDelete