Saturday 9 February 2013

Hello and goodbye

I made a promise to be better with blogging once The Boy left, and that hasn't really come to pass.  The past couple of weeks have been hectic and I haven't had much chance to take photographs or to sit down and write. 


1. Treating myself to sushi on my day off; 2. A hint of spring in my kitchen;
3. Graffitti on the toilet door in a London pub; 4. Eurostar tickets - yay!
 
 
So what have I been up to? Well, I've...
- spent a fun weekend in London, shopping for my bridesmaid dress with my best friend - and soon-to-be-bride - Cara.  And so what if we did spend half of the ten-hour trip in the pub?  That's still five solid hours of dress shopping, and we were in dire need of liquid refreshment;
- enjoyed sharing meals, cinema trips, cups of tea and DVD nights with friends;
- 'learnt' to crochet at craft club: turns out it is not my forte;
- had a cuddle with my friend's six week old baby boy (always a scary proposition: I'm not really a baby person);
- visited my mum prior to her departure for my Granny's funeral in Cape Town;
- booked my train to Paris in April (I'm already excited!);
- got back into going to the gym, after a long break;
- baked yummy vegan lemon cake and made some delicious vegan curries.  Quite why I'm still cooking vegan food when The Boy isn't here is a mystery.

And tomorrow - snow permitting - I fly off to the Netherlands for five days in Nijmegen, so this is goodbye for a week.  Have a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Have fun in the Netherlands! Craft club sounds interesting, how did you find out about it? Would love to do something similar.

    Liz xx
    distractmenowplease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started at my local library and is organised by a friend of mine, and we all pitch in to teach various sessions (or just have a 'free-for-all' where we take along our own projects). It's become a really nice way to spend time with people away from the world of work.

      Delete
  2. I hope you corrected their dreadful spelling and grammer in red lipstick !

    I'm in London as I type this in a Starbucks under Canary Wharf :D it's gotten cooler in the last few years so im psyched to be here !
    Have fun in the Netherlands JB...
    Omg your initials is that of Canadian singer Jim Bryson! (Could have gone for the obvious but nah!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'd never thought of the JB thing! Hope London was fun.
      And, ahem, 'spelling and grammer'? I think you'll find it should be 'grammar'. Who taught you English, young man?!

      Delete