Wednesday 23 March 2011

Festival fever


I love festivals. I come alive in the summer and feel most like myself when wearing wellies and supping cider in a damp field. And this time of year is usually an exciting one for the festival fan, as line-ups are announced and tickets go on sale.

But this year I am spending my summer travelling across the USA and have had to give up my usual round of festivals (Latitude and Summer Sundae, with Leeds thrown in for good measure some years), which makes the announcements a painful process as I keep my fingers crossed that no-one I really love is playing.

So far, I'm only really upset about Suede headlining Latitude. As a good 90s indie chick I was passionate about Suede at one time. I don't listen to them all that much nowdays (although Heroine coming up on shuffle on my iPod the other day got me bouncing around the house and singing along) but the combination of them and Latitude's fantastic main stage will be amazing.

My usual festival buddies are also on their travels this summer: Ruth to China, Abby to South America and Richard to the States with me. I know we don't deserve any sympathy, but I am going to miss my usual summer pastime immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment